Monday, October 29, 2007

Family Fun

My parents came up to stay this weekend, so dad could help Chris build a laundry chute. (Never did I expect that a hole in my floor could make me SO happy!) Mom came up the day before so she could go watch the kids' Harvest party performance, then we had family fun night to celebrate Izzy being GOOD AT PRESCHOOL FOR FOUR WEEKS STRAIGHT! No time-outs at all. How awesome is that?? I'm so proud I could pop. And so relieved.

The first part of family fun night involved pizza, then we moved on to pumpkin carving. Izzy drew a face on his pumpkin, and I diligently cut along his lines. Sophie drew and drew all over her pumpkin, then dad cut out a face and turned her drawings into hair. Izzy's pumpkin is the tall one:

The lighting of the pumpkins was Izzy's favorite part:


Then I popped some popcorn on the stove and we watched part of "Chicken Little." But the kids were too excited with MaMa and PaPa here to sit down and watch closely, so when a list of some sort popped up on the screen, I paused it and told Izzy it was the credits. I'm so sneaky.

It was a lot of fun, though. Family Fun night is a tradition that I hope we can keep up with until the kids leave home. How COOL would that be?? Although I'm sure that it would turn into Family Hell night when the kids hit puberty.

No comments: