Friday, October 05, 2007

Update on Project Twins

We all loaded up in the minivan tonight and as Chris pulled out of the driveway, Izzy piped up, "Hey dad, know what I was talking to mommy about? About Baby waking up and turning into twins."

I jumped in, "Wouldn't that be cool, hon? Then we'd have lots of babies to play with."

Izzy said, "We need one for Mommy, one for Daddy, one for Baby, and one for me. Twins!"

"No," I said, "That would be quadruplets, and that would rock!"

"Qua-droop-lets," Izzy practiced. He and I talked then for a few minutes about the difference between twins and quads. Then Chris begins his offensive.

"Hey," he says looking at me, "Wouldn't it be great to have twin boys and then they'd have to share Izzy's room and Sophie would have a room all to herself?"

Izzy ignored that comment though, so Chris tried again.

"Hey, Izzy," he asked, "Would you rather have a new baby or a new fish?"

Izzy thought for a second and yelled, "A NEW FISH!"

Chris is a jerk.

No comments: