Monday, May 05, 2008

Update on the ol' pregnancy thing.

I'm just about 33 weeks now and I reckon TIRED about sums it all up. I am bone tired all the time.

I went to work out this morning and the manager asks me how I'm feeling. "Great!," I answer, because I'm too tired to tell her how tired I am. She says, "Yeah? You look really tired though."

I stop my machine and tell her, "Yeah, well, I imagine I'm going to look really tired for the next 7 or 8 weeks, then oh, for the next year or so as well."

I'm trying to get things together around here, but Chris, who tries, just doesn't get how exhausted I feel at the moment. This is not a normal state for me. It used to drive him nuts that he couldn't get me to sit still and watch any TV with him of an evening. Now it irritates him that I can barely budge my big butt off the couch most evenings.

My hair looks great though. Well at least it would if I would brush it. But pregnancy has always been good for my hair. It gets super thick and grows quickly. I was going to leave it long, but now it's taking forever to get it dry (I just brush it when I get out of the shower, and that's it for the day - no hair dryers) and it's driving me nuts, so I might get another 10" cut off for Locks of Love.

I'm still nauseous every day, but I only throw up every few weeks now. Thank God for generic Zofran. Heartburn is getting insane, and muscle cramps have me jumping up out of bed every couple of hours all night long. I'm starting to ache in my lower back and pelvis, but hopefully that just means my body is getting in gear to pop this little critter out.

In fact, it can't happen a minute too soon for me, as long as the baby is okay. I'm ready, I'm ready!!! 100 points to anyone who gets that reference.

2 comments:

Maisyday said...

Please don't tell me you are quoting SpongeBob concerning your pregnancy!

Mama Luvins said...

Go Crystal, go Crystal!! *does the cabbage patch*