Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Monkeys and Dinosaurs, oh my!

After I posted the picture of Sophie's tea party, my sister Micki made a comment about her daughter's imaginary friend, who was also, WEIRDLY ENOUGH, named Lucy! Spooky.

Anyways, on the way to drop Chris off at work today, we got some more insight into Lucy. Seems she's a baby dinosaur. How AWESOME is that??? First she was red, but after we drove away from Chris's office, she told me Lucy was actually pink. But of course. She also kissed Lucy as soon as she woke up this morning, but Lucy's very nice and didn't bite her on the nose.

I can't get enough of Sophie and her imagination right now. Or Izzy's, for that matter. After I put Suzi down for her nap a little while ago, I came back to Izzy teaching a monkey he'd made out of various plastic pieces, about dinosaurs. The monkey was strapped into Suzi's swing.

I got the camcorder out and after a few minutes, I caught Izzy tooting on tape, excusing himself, then going to the bathroom. Sophie then took some foam letters over to the monkey to teach him how to count, then she leaned over him and in a very concerned tone, told me that he'd eaten too many bananas and had a tummy ache. Then she gently took him out of the swing and cuddled him.

I love being a mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing cooler would have been if Lucy had been a PIG!!!!