Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Growing up way too fast.

A few days ago, I took this picture:


I told Chris that I was going to put it on my blog to serve as notice that he knew it was just a matter of time before Suzi toppled out of the crib headfirst because he wouldn't take the time to find the metric tool he needed in the horribly crapped up garage he keeps. It worked, and he lowered the crib before I uploaded the picture.

Last night, I took this pitiful picture:

She fell asleep sitting up. Part of me thought it was funny, seeing as how I fall asleep sitting up nursing her EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, but mostly, I felt bad for her. Well, a little bad at least. We're trying to teach her to fall asleep on her own, in her own bed, and we're using the horrible cry-it-out method where we let her scream her head off and then we go in about every five minutes to "soothe" her and lay her back down. In reality, we're getting her all riled back up every time we go in, but we're desperate to get her to sleep, so CIO it is. It sucks for us, sucks for her. Especially when I'm shoving a camera in her face the second she falls asleep:

She was NOT amused. But she's getting better and better every time we put her in there. At least she was until she learned a new trick today:

How can she be pulling up already?? She's so determined, so driven to be a big girl like her sister. But I'm not ready to go there yet. Not even eight months old, and already she's not listening to her mama. We're in for a wild ride with this one.

No comments: