Friday, June 26, 2009

I've inspired my son.

I bought a bag of sandwich rolls instead of a loaf of bread for this week, and we ended up finishing them up with barbeque last night. This meant that I had no bread for lunch today.

When I stood at the fridge weighing my options, I saw the deli turkey that I need to use up, so I decided to do cheese & turkey roll ups. I had Izzy get the cheese, and he got out cheese sticks, so I wrapped a couple of slices of turkey around it, put some blueberries & mulberries on their plates beside it and served it up.

After Izzy took his first bite, he says, "Hey, I didn't think I was going to like this, but I do. I love it! This tastes great!"

He finishes up his lunch then tells me that when he grows up, he's going to open a restaurant.

"And I'm going to serve these turkey roll ups," he says. "And hot dogs and pizza, and berry berry milkshakes, and soda, Sprite, water and milk."

That, I tell him, sounds like my kind of place!

No comments: