Friday, March 26, 2010

Her father's daughter.

It's a dreary, rainy, cold and crappy day here today, so Sophie's been curled up on the rocking loveseat under her Snugglie (a generic, but FAR nicer version of a Snuggie) ever since she got home from school.

I was sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine when she looked up over the edge of her blanket she had pulled up to her nose.

"Mom," she says, "Do you know I could live on this couch? I could sleep here too. I'd turn it into a king...no, a queen...no, a PRINCESS bed and I could just live here."

Then she actually starts wiggling her eyebrows at me and says, "All I need now is a magic kitchen that I'm going to ask Santa to bring me." Her eyes go wide and her eyebrows shoot up: "And he WILL!"

Then she laughs. A very, very confident laugh.

No comments: