Monday, September 27, 2010

Comedic Genius!!

It was a dreary, rainy, icky day today, so Suzi and I were taking it easy, laying on my bed and watching Dora. After a bit, she turned to me, knocked on my arm and said, "Knock, knock, mommy."

Delighted, because I didn't know this was a skill she yet possessed, I ask, "Who's there?" "Orande," she tells me with a big smile.

"Orange who?" "ORANDE!" she squeals in delight, having gotten me but good.

We go through the joke about 18 more times, and I keep trying to work "Banana" in there too, but she just didn't see the comedic need.

Then she knocks on my arm again, "Knock, knock!"

"Who's there?"

"Cat," she says with a sly little smile.

"Cat who?"

Rubbing her cheek against my arm, she delivers the most perfect punchline I've ever heard: "Meooowww!"

Pretty sure I've never laughed harder in my life.

No comments: