Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Baby crazed.

We've known for a while that Izzy is baby crazy. He has only shown the tiniest glimpses of jealousy over Sophie, and the worst that it's come to is maybe him climbing up on my lap when I was nursing her. The second he saw her, he went right up to her, touched her and kissed her. I've got everything crossed that he never loses his love of babies. We've visited Lilly twice now - on our way to Baltimore and again on our way home - and he wanted to spend more time holding her than playing with his five-year old cousin, Stephen, whom he idolizes.


Sophie, on the other hand, has a bit of a jealous streak. On the first visit, she either wanted to be "holding" Lilly, or be between me and Lilly. The second visit, though, she had completely warmed up to her, and spent most of her time trying to give Lilly her paci.


Not only was it great to spend time loving my new little niece, it was WONDERFUL to see my two calm down and be sweet for a while.

Maybe we need a new baby of our own? *snort*

3 comments:

Paula said...

You take the greatest pictures. I just love the first one of Izzy looking up at whoever is holding the baby (is that dh? lol).

Mama Luvins said...

Thanks, Paula! Yep, that's Chris himself.

caygraymomma said...

Oh those pictures are just awesome.