Sunday, September 10, 2006

Izzy is the next Stephen King.

While we were finishing up a snack a few minutes ago, Izzy started telling me stories. This is the last one he told me, and it so impressed me that I ran over here immediately to type it up. Here it is, verbatim:

Scary Monster
by Izzy

Once upon a time there was a big Scary Monster. His name was Scary Booger Monster. And there was a monkey with a banana. And the monster took the monkey's banana. And the monkey got bigger like the Scary Monster and he took his banana. And the monkey got small again. And that the Scary Monster story.

Then Izzy said, "That good story, Mommy?" Indeed it is!! Maybe I'm nuts here, but I think that it is awesome for a three year old to come up with a story like this as he sits and eats a bowl of ice cream. Look at that structure - a beginning, a middle, an ending - an actual plot. As far as we know, he's not heard a story about monsters stealing monkey's bananas. Color me impressed with my little man.

I hope his story doesn't give any of you nightmares!!

No comments: