Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We're having ANOTHER great day!

When we got to preschool this morning, Izzy gave me a hug and kiss and told me bye, then I told him to have a good day, and he said, "You have good day too, Mommy!" and he happily walked away from me. I peeked back a couple of times, once just in time to see the teacher ruffle his hair.

My day continues to go splendidly. I take Sophie to Kroger's where she is delighted at every person she sees and I'm stopped a couple of times to be told how cute she is (never a delay I mind), and then we come back here for her to nap and me do some cleaning. I drop her off at Micki's after her nap, I go to exercise, then I swing back by Izzy's preschool to pick him up

As I'm standing waiting my turn, the teacher sees me and smiles. Good sign!! She sends Izzy out and he's smiling ear to ear and she tells me that he didn't even have to move a clip down at all today!! Yippee!!! That means he didn't get in trouble at all. I honestly had tears spring to my eyes when she told me he'd been good. I am so PROUD. Other mother's can be proud of their three-year old's reciting the Gettysburg address. Me? I'm THRILLED when Izzy behaves.

As we walked to the car, and I'm telling him how proud and happy I am that he was so good today, he looked at his hand and said, "Mommy, I so happy I got a star." I told him I was too.

His reward if he got a star today was a visit with Mimi, so off we went, stopping by the house first to get the doughnuts that Daddy had promised him yesterday then weasled out on. Back home again after a nice visit, and he brings me tapioca pudding and asks for it for lunch. I tell him no, he has to eat real food first, so he runs and washes his hands, sits down and eats his lunch, then very nicely asks for pudding.

I give him some pudding, and then he brings the bowl to me and asks if he can please watch cartoons while he eats it. I tell him he can since he's been so good today and I walk him into the living room and point to the clock. "When the big hand is on the circle here [I point to 1:30] then you have to go take a nap, okay?" He happily agrees, and sits down and eats his pudding and watches cartoons for the next ten minutes.

I look up and see it's time, so I have him look at the clock and I say, "What's it time for now?" "Naptime!" he says and he trots off to his bedroom. I pull the covers up around his neck and he asks me to pull the door to a little bit. I tell him I love him and he says, "I love you too, Mommy," and he went right to sleep, where he still snoozes.

The difference in his behavior this weekend was astonishing. He was very, very good probably 80% of the time, which is by far a new record for him. I'm not saying I don't still have my reservations about the preschool (so there) but it does seem to be doing him a world of good.

I'm off to enjoy the rest of my day now - two showings, so let's hope the good luck continues!!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay Izzy!!! I'm so happy for you Cindy!!!

Ray said...

Seems Paw-Paw Ray was right again when he said you have to just give him some time. I am proud of him too!