Saturday, November 25, 2006

Another rousing Saturday night.

One of Chris's favorite sayings is this: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing time and time again and expecting different results. Generally he says it while we shake our heads at another failed attempt of instilling discipline in our kids.

But as I type this tonight, I can't help but think of his saying as I glance over at him, asleep in the recliner AGAIN. Every single time, bar none, that Chris lays the recliner back he goes to sleep. Napping generally annoys me, but especially so in this case because Chris always protests that he didn't mean to go to sleep, he just couldn't help it. Apparently, he is unable to remain in an upright position after 8:30 p.m. Or control his sombulatory response. I totally made that up, you're right.

So I have done three loads of laundry and tidied the whole house while he's snoozed tonight. I've checked my e-mail and surfed my favorite sites, and I've watched two episodes of Design on a Dime and one of Nancy Travis's show. I unplugged the cord to the phone charger, the end of which dangled into the floor, tempting Sophie. I tried to wake Chris up to tell him that it's dangerous to leave that cord plugged up where the kids can reach it, but after three attempts, he still laid there, so I called him some derogatory names and sat down here to blog.

After I post this and check out the pictures I've been uploading while I write, I'll shut down the computer and turn off the TV and go to bed to read for a while. Chris will follow after a few more hours.

Single ladies, envy me.

No comments: