Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Super sucky day.

Found out that the lady who was supposed to buy our house is not going to now, and the young couple who were interested just can't afford it. So not only are we going to lose the house we bid on and all the $$$ we've already sunk into that deal, now all of our things are sitting here in boxes. Pissed doesn't even begin to describe my mood. That and depressed, I guess.

My sister came in from MD today and we planned on Monday to go shopping tonight with my other sister as well. We go out, have a great time, and I come home at 11:15 to find Chris asleep on the couch and absolutely nothing done in the house. The house in which we're hosting Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

This is probably what sucks most about being a SAHM. Chris just figures it's all my job. Do I complain? Oh yes. Last week after I did just that, he informed me that he believes he deserves a couple of hours of down time in the evening. I believe I deserve more than three hours of uninterrupted sleep at least once every couple of YEARS, but that ain't happening either. Just for the record, though, all I ask of him of an evening is to empty & load the dishwasher. That's done and the kids are in bed by 8:15 most nights, and he generally doesn't go to bed until 10, so what's the problem? Got me.

What needs done around here so badly, you ask? Well, there's a load of laundry that needs folded and two more than need put in. The dishwasher needs unloaded and reloaded. That's it. I CLEANED THE ENTIRE REST OF THE HOUSE TODAY. And it didn't get messed up because when I'm not around, Chris takes the kids to his mom's house, which is where they spent this evening.

This is why mom's just stop trying to have any semblance of a social life. It's just not worth it because everything is just sitting here waiting for you. Of course this anger is really stemming from this STUPID HOUSE situation. A year of my life just down the drain for nothing. Two solid weeks of packing up all of our worldly possessions largely by myself so that now I'm stuck in an empty house without a can opener.

I know it could be so much worse. But this still sucks hard.

No comments: