Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!!

Thirty five big ones today. Meh. Like I told my sister last night, it's always better than the alternative right? She told me not to worry, that you're not old until you hit triple digits.

Chris made me oatmeal and toast this morning, one of my top favorites, and when I sat down to eat Izzy told me that Daddy wrote his name wrong on my card. He grabbed it up and said, "Here, I'll show you," and proceeded to rip it open and show me with much disdain that Chris had held his hand in his own and had made Izzy write capital A's.

Then I opened the card from Chris that plays "Funky Town." Izzy was delighted and said, "Mom it plays 'Monkey Town!" Then he looked at me sadly and said, "We didn't get you diamonds for your birthday, we got you make-up. We'll try to get you some diamonds next year, okay?" I haven't actually received any presents yet, but at least I know I have some make-up coming my way.

I finished eating my special birthday breakfast and stood up and stretched. Over my creaking knees, I groaned and said, "Oh, I'm getting old. Do you think I'm old Izzy?"

He very seriously looked at me, fork poised midway to his mouth, and said, "No. I think you're beautiful."

It's going to be a great day!

2 comments:

Maisyday said...

What a sweet kid! At least for a few minutes... :)

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! 35! nice.

so how was your birthday?