Tuesday, September 11, 2007

This blog rocks. My mom said so.

Out of the blue today, in the middle of a random phone conversation with my mom, she says, "Someday, you should really publish your blog as a book."

I cracked up laughing and told her that only one mom would be buying it.

My mother misheard me though and said, "It would be a great pick-me-up if a mom was having a bad day! I can be having a terrible day and pull up your blog and I start laughing. You just have a way with words that makes it so interesting to read."

I tell her that thanks very much for the compliment, but I'm pretty sure she'd be the only mom to buy it all, and she protested, of course. Because she loves me.

That's my mom for you. My whole life she's been my number one cheerleader, and no matter what I do, she thinks I do it well. That kind of affirmation rocks. Thanks so much, mom.

In fact, when I get my big book deal, I'll sell you a copy at cost.
I jest, I jest!

You know I'm too cheap for that.

1 comment:

MaMa Norma said...

What do you mean, a copy at cost? I want at least half the royalities. I raised you and I deserve that much.