Sunday, October 21, 2007

Old school gansta.

As his whole family patiently waited on biscuits this morning, Chris was in the sunroom, looking at flat-panel TV's on the web. I curled up on the couch across from him and watched Sophie drawing squiggles on a sheet of packing paper on the floor.

Crony Bob wanders in and goes over to his food bowl and starts munching, making me remember that I hadn't fed the dogs when I fed him. I holler to Izzy, "If you want to go with Daddy, you have to feed the dogs first."

Izzy struts in, shoulders hunched forward, and does a Sammy Davis-sort of shuffle with his index fingers pointing to the floor.

"Sorry," he tells me. "Dudes don't do that."

"Is that how dudes walk?" I ask.

He cocks an eyebrow at me and says, "Dudes walk in their Batman shoes," and he points to his Batman tennis shoes. Then he demonstrates, taking a few big steps, then a few really hard stomping steps.

"That's how dudes walk," he says as he walks out of the room. After a few steps he turns back around and says, jabbing his pointed index fingers in my direction, "Yo. Yo yo yo. Yo yo yo yo, yo yo yo yo yo."

No comments: