Monday, April 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Sophie Bug!!!!

You asked us yesterday over breakfast yesterday if today you would be big. Yep. Today you're THREE YEARS OLD!!! We honestly have no idea how that's happened. You are such a fun kid, that time has just flown by.

This year has seen you become an incredibly sweet, empathic little girl. You're still a tyrant a large part of the time, but far more often you're just our lovable sweetie pie. When I've been throwing up because of your little sister, you've stood beside me and patted my back, and asked me if I'm all right afterwards. When the hormonal roller coaster has gotten the best of me, you've brought me a tissue and dabbed at my eyes, telling me it's going to be okay. You know just when I need a Sophie hug, and you know just when to tell me you love you.

One of your favorite games to play is to have me be the baby and you the mommy, and what a great mommy you are! You rock me and hug me and tuck me in gently, then kiss my head and tell me you love me. If I happen to peek open an eye, you wag your finger at me and say "Bad baby! Go to sleep right now!" Man, you've gotten us all wrapped around those little fingers!

Well, except for Izzy sometimes, but who can blame him for getting frustrated with you?? You terrorize him! Just this morning, you've brought him to tears by not letting him play with the little bear dollhouse that we gave you this morning over your special birthday breakfast of doughnuts. You will eventually, just on your own terms. You are the most determined, confident child I've ever seen. You know exactly what you want, and you will bat your eyes until you get it too. It's a trait that will take you far!

You are an enchanting, delightful, adorable little girl. You're brilliant and beautiful, and you make your dad and I stop and smile a hundred times a day. This last year has been a great year, one in which we've really gotten to know what a special little girl you are, and we're all even more head over in heels in love with you each day!

Happy Birthday, sweetheart!!! We love, love, love, love you!!!

Mommy, Daddy, Izzy & Baby

4 comments:

Maisyday said...

Aunt Crystal loves you too, baby girl! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Mimi loves you too Sophie-bug!! You did GREAT today sitting for me while I gave you your first hair cut!! Mimi was SO PROUD!! Love you!! Happy Birthday doddle-bug!!

Anonymous said...

PAW-PAW TRIED TO CALL YOU TO TELL YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUT MOMMY & DADDY HAD YOU OUT ROAMING THE ROADS TILL YOU JUST GAVE OUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!

MaMa Norma said...

Happy Birthday dollbaby! I didn't get to see you on your birthday as I was taking care of great granny and just got to a computer for the first time. You're a wonderful, beautiful, intelligent, loving little girl and I love you very very much.