Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm baaa-aaacckkk.

We had a great Spring Break at mom and dad's! It was super relaxing having people around me who are over four. Chris has been working tons of overtime lately, so it's pretty much just been me & the kids. It was so nice having some extra hands around, and I know the kids thought it rocked to have someone other than grouchy pregnant mom to play with as well.

The kids played with Maddie & Noah, my buddy Denise came over for dinner, my sister Micki and I scrapped and scrapped and scrapped (I probably got 25 pages done!), and we went to the playground with Chris's parents. The trip reminded me of the summer vacations of my youth. We rarely went anywhere overnight, but we had a BLAST at state parks and the like all around West Virginia.

When we were driving away today, Izzy sighed wistfully and said, "I wish we still lived here." Me too, buddy. He brought tears to my eyes, because while I really enjoy my new hometown, it was so nice to have my family around non-stop again. Izzy regularly breaks down crying about missing his old house, but I'm pretty sure he just misses having family around all the time. We all miss that, truthfully. We were hoping that summertime and the pool would bring lots of family up here again, but with gas prices going up astronomically, guess we'll have to wait and see. But I'm willing to bet that a new baby around here will help sway a few people!

Tomorrow I'll get around to uploading some fabulously cute (of course) pictures, but for tonight, I'm headed to the living room to relax. Have a good one, all.

No comments: