Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let me tell you about my day.

12:16 a.m. Brownies for the preschool bake sale are pulled out of the oven.

12:30 a.m. I take a sleeping Suzi off of a sleeping Chris's chest, because she's sleeping on her stomach and that scares me.

12:33 a.m. Suzi insists on a midnight snack.

1:04 a.m. I give up trying to put Suzi back in the cradle and I curl up with her instead.

1:17 a.m. I force myself to stop imagining how horrific it would be if I rolled over on her.

3:00 a.m. I wake Chris up and tell him that Suzi keeps wanting to nurse, so I'm tucking her in beside of him.

5:46 a.m. Suzi wants to eat again.

6:02 a.m. My bladder is insistent, so I carry a nursing Suzi under my arm and go pee.

6:14 a.m. I curl back up with Suzi and instantly fall back asleep.

6:50 a.m. I hazily hear Izzy yelling at me because I laid a t-shirt out for him to wear today instead of a long sleeved shirt. His teacher told them to wear long pants today because they're going on their first field trip, to a pumpkin patch, where they'll take a hay ride. I tried to convince him last night that because we're having a record high today, he needs to wear a t-shirt.

6:51 a.m. I yell, "Fine, wear a long sleeved shirt and burn up today, I DON'T CARE!!"

7:00 a.m. Chris grabs my foot and keeps shaking it until I finally wake up. He takes Suzi to the swing and I hit the shower.

7:36 a.m. I round everyone up, get coats and shoes on everybody, and we head to the car.

7:41 a.m. I speed down the driveway and pull to the bus stop where I make sure that Chris put everything in Izzy's lunch box.

7:46 a.m. I wave good bye to the pulling away bus, even though I'm pretty sure Izzy, who's wearing his long sleeved t-shirt, can't see me, and I head back up the driveway.

7:55 a.m. I slice up the brownies from the night before, I carefully place candy corn on top, and I wrap each one in Saran Wrap.

8:06 a.m. I get Sophie's hair fixed and I find her some shoes that look okay with her outfit.

8:10 a.m. I make my bed and get Sophie started on making her bed and tidying her room.

8:23 a.m. I don't have time to make coffee, so I sit down with half a glass of generic Dr. Pepper and a Pop Tart. I promise Sophie the other one in the package if she gets her room done. I turn on the news and get Suzi started nursing while I eat my breakfast too.

8:46 a.m. I grab the bag of brownies, talk Sophie into putting on a jacket, get Suzi and the diaper bag and load everyone up.

8:56 a.m. I say goodbye to Sophie, who goes off happily for a change, and I drop the brownies off to the preschool teachers.

9:07 a.m. I get to Curves for my workout. No one else is there this morning. Without anyone to talk to, I actually work out a lot harder.

9:50 a.m. I pick Suzi up and we head over to Bad Mart to return the Halloween costumes I ended up not needing.

10:03 a.m. The greeter, a woman in her 70's, stops me to coo over Suzi, who rewards her with lots of smiles. She tells me that her pediatrician told her that a happy baby means happy parents. I tell her that's true, that we're so much more relaxed this third time around and Suzi is a sweet little blessing. She tells me that she only had one son, and he died this summer. My heart breaks for her.

10:46 a.m. I load up the car with my purchases: Dixie Cups (the only thing I went after), fresh basil, deli ham, clearanced shorts for me & Izzy, $2 swim trunks for Izzy for next summer, and $40 worth of other things I just HAD to have.

10:57 a.m. As I pull Suzi out of the car, I realize she's had a blowout. All up her back and all over the car seat. While I'm getting her and the bags in the house, I get poop on my jacket.

11:01 a.m. I take her straight in the changing table and realize there is poop ALL OVER HER. Down the legs of her pants, up her back, ON MY HAND. I clean her all up and take her straight to the tub.

11:07 a.m. I put a freshly clean and lotioned Suzi in her swing and gather up all of her soiled laundry.

11:10 a.m. I rinse her poop covered clothes off, clean the sink, clean my hands and arms, go out to the car and remove the liner of the carseat, start a load of baby laundry, clean my hands again, and put the straps back into her car seat, where I'll shortly have to put a blanket so I can go pick up Sophie.

11:19 a.m. I exhale, fix myself a glass of iced tea, and decide to blog about my morning.

11:44 a.m. I hit post and head out the door to go pick Sophie up from preschool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joy of three small children!!!!

Anonymous said...

And you think you want another one? It'll poop too!

Heather said...

And just to think you day is only 1/2 over...you still have Izzy to get from school, dinner to cook, homework, bath, get ready for tomorrow yadda..yadda. Girl, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! That was me just a short, short time ago! Just wait til you have at least 2 in all day school. I'm telling you it will make you a NEW woman!

BlueSunshine said...

Your Dad KILLS me