Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Crib!

Last night we decided it was time to move little Ms. Suze into her crib at night. She started off in a little cosleeper in between Chris and I, but she outgrew it at about the same time she started rolling over, so we had to quit using it.

Then we put her in Sophie's old cradle, and man oh man, has she ever hated it. She's not slept in it for more than an hour and a half at a time her whole life. In fact, she's spent far more time in our bed than in her own.

So I waited until she was five months old, the same age at which I moved Izzy and Sophie to their rooms too, and that was Saturday. It was a couple of weeks earlier, actually, than I moved the other two, but she sleeps, oh, about a couple of hundred times worse than they did, so she's lucky she got that long.

She wasn't sure about the whole thing going into it, although she has taken lots of naps there already, but once I got her to sleep, she SLEPT UNTIL 2:30 a.m.!!!! Pretty sure that's a record for her.

I, however, laid there awake until after 1:00 a.m. missing her. That's a mama for you.

Oh, and at 2:30? Yep, I brought her to bed with us.

We'll get there, with little teeny baby steps for both of us.

No comments: