Sunday, February 08, 2009

Dad's Retirement Party



My sisters and I have been working for a while now to throw dad a surprise retirement party, which we had on Saturday. It was a BLAST!! Was it a surprise? Maybe a little bit, but he knows his girls, so he figured we were up to something.



It was such a nice evening. We had lots of family we hadn't seen in a while (Hi Aunt Bobbi!! Thanks for coming, and thanks for leaving me a comment on here!!!) and lots of friends as well. In fact, about twice as many showed up as we had thought were coming, but luckily we're not very good at food planning, so there was plenty.



I'm pretty sure dad had a good time too. Hope so, at least!! At any rate, he's certainly enjoying being retired. Want to know how he spent his morning before the retirement party?



Retirement didn't come a moment too soon for this man.

1 comment:

MaMa Norma said...

Dad was 95% surprised! He had a great time and I did to. By the way, on the bottom video you might should have explained that he was at Build a Bear, building his turtle. I love the video! Thanks for a wonderful evening for the old man.