Sunday, May 17, 2009

An excellent big brother.

I took this series of pictures trying to get a decent shot of Suzi, who was laughing up a storm. Instead of just her, though, I inadvertently caught Izzy looking adoringly at his baby sister. I'm so glad he loves being a big brother, and that he does such an awesome job of it too.






We just got back from a few days with my parents (and I forgot to blog - sorry!), and they both were on the receiving end of lectures from both Izzy and Sophie as to how to take care of Suzi.

On our last night there, we were all sitting on the porch eating slices of freshly baked (by Johnny!) cake, when Izzy decided he'd had enough, so he handed his plate to Micki and said, "Here, Mimi, cut this into pieces smaller than your pinkie nail, and feed it to Suzi." That cracked me and her both up.

When I was growing up, I always said that I wanted to have a boy first, so he could look out for his little sister. That he does, for both of them.

Unless they decide to eat....yeah, let's not go there again.

No comments: