Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I've thought off an on about writing a blog all day today. I could write a loving tribute to my mom, I thought, who is truly awesome. Or I could write a thank you to my mother-in-law who helped create my husband. But that could quickly turn into a blame game, so I decided not to do that.

Then I thought about how lucky I am. I am so blessed to have both my mother and mother-in-law in our lives. Yesterday after a big joint birthday party for Izzy and Sophie, we raced down the road to spend some time with both of our moms. We were getting a little frazzled getting out of here, so I brought that point up with Chris. Not only do our moms love us, they like us and want to spend time with us still. With these kids, that's pretty much a miracle.

Speaking of which: I am so freaking lucky to have these kids. They are insane, headstrong, wacky kids and I love them. I love them so much that my heart could just burst. They're very different, these three kids of mine, but each of them are... intense. Vivid, perhaps. Awesome, most certainly. And they are loved, loved, loved.

I love Izzy for his gentle ways, for that heart as big as he is, for his hilarious sense of humor. I love Sophie for her craziness, her nurturing soul, her creativity. And sweet little Suzi. I love her joy, her laughter, her nuzzles. I love each of these kids for being just who they are, and for who they help me to be.

I LOVE being a mom.

Sleepless nights and dirty diapers, not so much.

No comments: