Thursday, December 17, 2009

Moving up in the family!

Lately, Izzy's drawings have not included Chris in them. Here's his latest case in point:

The tall blue figure on the right is Izzy parachuting. Sophie is climbing up the tree because she's having trouble getting her parachute to work. Suzi is the little blue figure on the left with one curl coming out of her head. She's parachuting as well.

I am the tall green figure to the far left. See how my mouth is an "O?" That's because I'm yelling at them for parachuting. But there is no Chris anywhere to be found.

Anyhow, flash back to this evening where Izzy spent the whole evening pestering me to take him to watch the older kids put on a play at school. I did not, however, receive anything from the school so I wasn't willing to load up all the kids and go see, just in case. I tried to explain to him that it was really a program just for the parents of the kids performing in it, but he was just brokenhearted.

Chris was working late, and walked in at about 5:55 - the play started at 6:00. Izzy pleads with him, Chris looks at me with a question in his eyes, so I shrug back the ol' "you can if you want to" shrug, and they dash out the door.

Luckily, the school is less than five minutes from here, so they made it right before it started. Izzy LOVED it. Chris, not so much, but it was worth it to him to see Izzy so delighted. Izzy was full of thanks the whole time, and kept it up once they got home.

"Does this mean," Chris asked him, "Since I took you to the play, that now when you draw a family picture, you'll draw me in it again?"

With a gleam in his eye, Izzy says, "Sure. But you're going to be a frisbee."

No comments: