Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy TENTH Anniversary, Darlin'!!


TEN YEARS. A DECADE!! Holy cow that makes me feel old. But it does NOT feel like ten years. Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it??

Tonight at dinner, just out of the blue, you said to me, "Wow, 14 years. We've had a lot of fun, haven't we?" (We dated for four years before we got married.) Yes we have! It reminded me of the time that we won a visit with a marriage counselor, at that auction to benefit mental health, that we went to early on in our marriage. After talking to her for a while, we told her that we were going to spend the afternoon just running around, having fun. By the end of the session, she told us that we didn't need her services, that we seemed to have a very good, solid relationship. She said that we both seemed to enjoy ourselves while talking with her, and she was impressed that the only thing we'd planned for the rest of the day was to have fun together.

Many years have passed since that visit, and with the addition of two more kids since our counseling session, our time spent alone, just having fun together, has pretty much vanished. But now we have fun as a family, the five of us. I think that seeing the incredible kids that we made together has brought us even closer together - and quite frankly, surprised us both. Because a marriage is, of course, what happens when two people in a relationship realize at the same time that they're never going to do any better!!

I love that we have so many little inside jokes like that one, jokes that still crack us up every time. Like when I told you a few minutes ago that I couldn't go get you a piece of cake and a glass of milk because I had a very important blog to write, and you said, "If you title it, 'Ten Years of Hell,' I'm walking around you three times!!

Ten years of wedded happiness... how lucky are we?? How lucky am I??

I love you, sweetheart, you and your goofy sense of humor, your inability to put up a phonebook after using it, your big blue eyes - all if it. All of you. Happy Anniversary, Chris - here's to the next ten, and the next ten, and the next ten after that. At that point, however, all bets are off.

xx00!!

1 comment:

Maisyday said...

LMAO, they aren't all inside jokes! I cracked up laughing at "If you title it, 'Ten Years of Hell,' I'm walking around you three times!!"