Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Imitating her world.

We have a shower stall in our master bath, and when I shave my legs, I put my foot up on the four inch high wall on the front of the shower where the door closes.

Today Sophie propped her little foot up there and very carefully traced Izzy's toy razor up and down her legs. It was too cute!

That's one of the funniest things about this little girl. She watches me soo intently, mimicking my every move. When I sit at the vanity and put on my makeup, she's right there beside me, smiling at herself in the mirror as she dabs invisible powder on her brow.

When I brush her teeth, she carefully leans towards the basin and goes, "Ppppt!" with her puckered lips.

When we're eating, she has to have everything that everyone else is eating. If we get seconds of anything, she demands them too, whether she liked her firsts or not.

She imitates us all, and I have to admit it's very flattering. Except when I see her dancing. Or peeing like Izzy.

She struts right up to the toilet, sticks her tummy out, and pinches her belly. That'll be an awkward conversation some day.

Never a dull moment, I tell you. Never.

No comments: