Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Poop and workplaces.

I can't wait until we find our new house. I'm having fun staying here with my parents, but it will be so exciting to get a new house setup with nice new things. It will be super exciting to unpack my old things, too, some of which has been in storage for more than 18 months. We're having some trouble finding a house that grabs us like the one we were going to buy in Parkersburg. We've looked at some beautiful homes but none that fits us perfectly like that one did. We'll be going up to look at some more houses this Saturday. I'm hopeful that one of these will be THE ONE.

I just remembered something that I've forgotten to mention. When Chris was leaving his old job, one of his supervisors told him rather cryptically that things had become so bad for him at the end because of "things" that had been made public, like in a blog, and she was most assuredly referring to yours truly. GIVE ME A BREAK. I never mentioned any of them until Chris's grievance was over, and then all I said was the truth. If they can't handle that, then I'm even more glad he's out of there than I was. Not to mention that them holding anything I write in my personal blog against my husband in his workplace is just wrong. Was he Dooced? Seems so. Why they decided to spy on him via his wife's blog mainly about kids and poop is beyond me. I know Chris is going to miss several of his old coworkers, but by and large, what a miserable bunch. With that, I wash my hands of them...

Okay, now that THAT's off my chest, let's get back to the kids and poop once again. Yesterday I took my mom and sister, as well as Noah, Izzy, and Sophie, all to the outlet mall about an hour and a half away. We were so excited to go on our little day trip, but shortly after we got there, Izzy sprung a leak. In his pants. Before the day was over, he fully peed his pants much to his great dismay (He ran in the bathroom and into a stall and it was dirty. By the time he ran into the next one, it was too late.) and after I'd changed him, he leaked some more. As we put him into the last pair of available pants, Micki gave him one of Noah's pull ups to put on, and he was completely disgusted by that. He complained the whole time he put it on, poor kid. But we only had a third pair of pants because we went straight from his preschool, and he carries a spare change of clothes in his back pack.

In between all the theatrics of the peeing episodes, Sophie gets diarrhea. I cut her frilly little panties to keep from getting poop all over her, and threw them out. Before we got home, she'd gone through five pull-ups - two of her own, and three of Noah's. That Noah was quite the life-saver!! What a day.

Wow, I just realized what an weird resemblance my day yesterday has to Chris's old workplace. Flying excrement and crying babies. *hits air drums and cymbals*

No comments: