Monday, November 05, 2007

RIP Matt and Dillon

Our pond fish, named Matt and Dillon by their previous owners, have both recently died. Chris took the first one last week and tossed it over the hill!!! I was, needless to say, horrified, and I sent him back outside when he told me (at 10:30 p.m.) to look for the fish to give it a proper burial. It was a PET, for crying out loud. But he couldn't find it.

Then a few days ago, the other fish died. We let it sit there a few days, thinking maybe it had gone to sleep for the winter. No, I'm not kidding. After it floated, I told Chris he needed to bury that poor thing. He was a little afraid, however, that he'd killed the other fish who was really just asleep, so he did a little research, and if they float, they're dead. So tonight Izzy talked his dad into burying the last fish.

This was his eulogy, written and delivered by Izzy:

"Dear Lord, I hope you go to Jesus. I hope you go to the good place where there are dead fish and dead animals. I hope you go to the pet doctor where they save lots of dead fish. I hope you go to where the sharks are and they don't eat you and you get all better. Amen."

Amen, indeed.

No comments: