Tuesday, February 03, 2009

I have a Superbowl Story!

Weird, huh? Anyhow, I remember watching the Superbowl many, many years ago with my dad, who was rooting for the Steelers. When I heard who his team was, I clearly remember the shock and the dismay I felt.

"I would NEVER support a team," I said vehemently, "Whose name has the word STEAL in it!" Either I was very young, or a not very good speller, but either way, wasn't I a virtuous little thing?

Flash forward a decade or two...or three *sigh* and shortly before this year's Superbowl, I asked Izzy which team he was rooting for. After I was able to explain first the concept of group sports and then of rooting for a particular team, I told him who was playing this year: the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals.

"Oh," he says cheerfully, "I'm for the Steelers because they have the word "STEAL" in their name!"

Yep, there's a little bit of both of us in that boy.

No comments: