Friday, November 20, 2009

Now, for a few words from Izzy.

He's a really funny kid, but some of the stuff he's come up with lately hasn't been intentionally humorous, but surely was. Like when Sophie's irritating him, "Sophie is driving me bananas up the wall crazy!"

Or when he's confused and says, "That makes nonsense," instead of 'no sense.'

At the parent/teacher conferences, he was walking Suzi up and down the hall to keep her entertained while we wait with about ten or so other parents waiting to talk to the preschool teacher. He stopped to talk to the other kindergarten teacher, the one he didn't have.

He starts telling stories about Suzi, and before long everyone in the hallway is rolling laughing and he is EATING it up. The teacher tells him that she thinks he's telling stories on Suzi, that she surely isn't as ornery as he's telling her (she is). He puts his hand over his heart, looks out at all of the people waiting to hear what comes next, and dramatically says, "I would NEVER, EVER in front of all of these people, tell a lie!"

You know what? I had a few other funny things to add here, but I only got three hours of sleep last night, and I can't remember what they are right now. So I reserve the right to come back and edit this once I'm a little more awake, okay??

No comments: