Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Birthday, Isaac!!!

Taken today, 7/10/10, after your first non-Mimi haircut!
SEVEN! I can hardly believe that seven years ago today I was holding my little red-faced, screaming bundle of joy in my arms for the very first time.
It honestly seems like yesterday, because the seven years you have been with us has been a BLAST. Even though, as you pointed out when looking at these pictures, I did look a lot younger seven years ago!!

I was such a nervous first time mom, but you taught me everything I know about loving babies. From the moment I saw first saw you being carried across the delivery room by your ankle, my heart has been full to overflowing with love.

You make it so easy because you are such a kind and loving little boy. I'm sure people get tired of hearing me say it, but you are a very special kid. I could list a million reasons why, like the time you tried to give PaPa Ray back a dollar, because he said it was his last dollar, and you thought he meant in the world while all he really meant was in his pocket. Or how you overheard your dad and I talking about MaMa Norma's kidney function improving, and the next time you saw her, you cuddled with her for a minute, then you said, "That sure was great news about your kidneys, wasn't it?"

Or how after the party we threw you last weekend with a few of your friends from the neighborhood and your cousins, you said, "Mom, do you know what my best present today was? You, because you made this party for me."

Or how you tried to let one of your balloons go, so you could give a present to God. Or how you made sure that the little girl who came to your party without a gift got a thank-you card too, just to make sure her feelings weren't hurt.

That's just a handful of examples, and most were just from the last couple of days. Every single day you do something wonderful with that giant, sweet heart of yours. I think some people are just born with beautiful souls, and you're one of those people. One of the best.

Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet boy. I love you more than monkeys, and I love you more than cheese, and I love you from your nose to your very stinky knees!!

1 comment:

McNoddle said...

I am so SORRY Izzy!!! Love, Mimi