Monday, November 08, 2010

One of my best compliments ever.

I like to tear out magazine articles and give them to Chris (or, as my sisters can vouch, to however I think would benefit - and yes, it's okay to roll your eyes at me) and while he was gone last week, I saved one for him that was about finding out things about your partner you might not know, even if you've been together for a long time.  Like 14 years.

So as I was cleaning stuff up tonight, I gave it back to him and asked if he'd read it, and to get out of mopping, he ran through the questions with me. One of them was, "What is the best compliment you've ever received?"

I thought for a few minutes and then I told him that I thought it was whenever he, or his mom, or my dad told me I was a good mom.  I didn't say my mom because mom is always free with the compliments and my sisters and I have always known that she thinks we're awesome.  So while the compliments from other's don't mean more, they do stand out more because they're not as freely given. 

Then I told him that actually it might have been over dinner, when Izzy got us talking about things we're thankful for, and he said he was, "Thankful that I have such a good little mommy."  That boy must have learned his complimenting abilities from the MaMa Norma School of Amplified Praise. 

Whew....because he'd be in a lot of hot water if he'd gotten his learnin' at his daddy's knee!!!

No comments: